Development Internship (Un-Paid)
Hours: 5-15 hrs/week; nights and weekends as needed
Time Period: November 1, 2015 -January 1, 2015 and January 1, 2015 – March 30, 2015
The Development Intern will work with the development team to help archive and organize all LitLab’s standard language and assist with database clean up and management, assist with the creation of and
mailing of development materials, provide support for the launch of the Giving Tree campaign, and help promote all LitLab’s events.
- Assist with the donor acknowledgement process
- Assist with data entry into Salesforce
- Research corporate sponsorship opportunities for the major upcoming events
- Help prepare materials for the solicitation
- Assist with the mailing of the solicitations
- Research matching gift opportunities for existing donors.
- Draft donor communications
- Assist in planning and execution of major fundraising events and activities
- Research grant prospects using foundation database
- Organize grant and donor files and documents
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong internet skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Constant Contacts, experience with
- Salesforce and Adobe creative suite a plus, but not required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
- Must be comfortable working in a busy office environment and display strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in marketing and communications or development a plus
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, organizational, and research skills and a proven ability to be persistent and resourceful. Interest and experience in fundraising is preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.